Big Bus Bonanza! Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be 18 years of age or older and reside in the WRGB/WCWN viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WRGB and WCWN (the Stations), Cellit, Yankee Trails World Travel ( Sponsor), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant, per day. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To enter, text BUS to short code TBD. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text messages sent. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on Monday, April 30, 2012 at 12:01 AM EDT and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 1, 2012 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by 12:00 a.m. EDT each Friday during the Contest Period to qualify for the weekly drawing. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) Each Friday during the Contest Period, one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries, for a total of five (5) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next weekly drawing.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Five (5) winners will each receive a fifty dollar ($50) gift certificate to Yankee Trails World Travel. The gift certificate expires December 31, 2012 and is subject to Yankee Trails World Travel terms and conditions.
2. Winners will be notified by text message. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within seven (7) days of notification, at the time winner claims her prize in person at the Stations. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within seven (7) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Winners are required to complete and return a W-9 form.
7. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
9. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
10. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of text entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 or on the Stations website at www.CBS6Albany.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WRGB, 1400 Balltown Road, Schenectady, NY 12309 by June 15, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, The Douglas Group, Inc., Cellit and Yankee Trails World Travel accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. Mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans. Entrants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.